I love conferences. Nothing leaves me feeling more energized and inspired than learning and exchanging ideas with other people. However, feeling inspired can easily turn into feeling overwhelmed if you’re not prepared. Last year, when I attended Social Media Marketing World, I was inundated with ideas, new content, fresh connections and activities – so much good stuff! And yet, we all know that our success depends not only on being able to absorb new information, but turn it into tangible action.
That’s were technology is a game changer. Having the right tools from the start can help you organize and manage all those valuable relationships and ideas, so you can turn them into real results.
Without further ado, here are 8 ‘MUST HAVE’ tools and apps to maximize your next conference experience!
- Evernote – Finding it hard to read your scribbled handwriting these days? Evernote to the rescue! This Google-like note-taking app is essential for capturing, organizing and finding your notes. Don’t lose all that good content – store it in Evernote! Contributed by: Barry Feldman, Feldman Creative
- Tagboard – At any event there are bound to be tons of conversations happening on multiple social media channels – how can you tune into them all? Try Tagboard, a free tool that allows you to follow conversations via hashtag across multiple social platforms. Contributed by: Ian Cleary, Razor Social
- Storify – Conference summaries are an excellent way to share event highlights. Storify makes it easy to capture and share stories of the event in a format that’s fast and easy to consume. Contributed by: Tatiana Natzke, Social Tribe
- Bizzabo – This networking application is an easy way to connect and engage with other event attendees. It also hosts the event agenda, so you can use it to organize and track all the people you want to connect with and sessions you want to attend. Contributed by: Kimberly Reynolds, Social Notz
- Twitter – Online conversations are happening all around us – don’t miss out! Engage ‘real-time’ with other conference speakers and attendees on Twitter. Use Hootsuite or Tweetchat to hone in on the conversation through the conference hashtag. These are also an excellent tool if you want to live tweet conference sessions. Contributed by: Neal Shaffer, Maximize Your Social
- Flipagram – They say a picture is worth a thousand words… so use it share your experience! Bring moments to life with Flipagram, create video stories from your photos set to your favorite music. Contributed by: Ian Cleary, Razor Social
- Prezi – Prezi is a wonderful tool that creates dynamic presentations that will really WOW your audience. Use it to build an eye catching and interactive event blog that showcases photos, videos, key learning’s and more. Contributed by: Megan Conley, Social Tribe
- CardMunch – Make business cards work for you by using CardMunch to convert business cards into digital contacts – just snap a photo of the business card using the app and it will automatically convert. Contributed by: Nuala Sawyer, Social Tribe
Of course, there’s no one size fits all approach – try out different tools and apps and let me know what works best for you (and why) in the comments below. Is there something we missed? Please share! I’d love to hear what tools you’re using and why.
Learn more about conferences!