Social Tribe Blog
#TuesdayTips: HelloBar for Content VisibilityAugust 27th, 2013 by Tatiana Natzke
In the second installment of our brand new #TuesdayTips series, I’m introducing a new content marketing tool that I couldn’t be more excited about: HelloBar. This tool allows you to highlight the most exciting content on your site on every page.
How does it work? HelloBar allows you to design a customizable bar, generating HTML that when plugged in to your site’s code, causes the message to sit across the top of your webpage. Choose a font and color that work well with your design, paste into your site’s code, and you’re good to go!
What’s so exciting about that? Lots of us have sites with multiple pages, as well as blogs that we update regularly. But let’s be honest – not all content was created equally. Some blogs are lighter, shorter reads, while others like our CheatSheets and Client Spotlights, are heavily researched and designed – we’ve poured a lot of resources into creating this content, and we want to make sure they get as much exposure as possible.
Using HelloBar allows you to be strategic in making sure site visitors get the message you really want them to see. Have a brand new product, video, or news announcement you want to wow people with? Use HelloBar to make sure it gets the visibility it deserves.
Not sure the HelloBar jives with the design of your site’s homepage? No worries- you’re able to control where it shows up. Paste it into your theme’s template files for global exposure (every webpage) OR just post it directly into the code for a specific page.
Here’s HelloBar at the top of the Social Tribe Website. As you can see, we were able to choose a color and font that allows us to stay consistent with our branding.
All in all, this took me about 15 minutes to figure out and implement. When you start using HelloBar, what kind of content do you plan to highlight?
Leave a Reply
- Megan Conley (44)
- Tatiana Natzke (23)
- Alex Gimenez (8)
- Jessica Ng (4)
- Alida Brandenburg (3)
- Social Tribe (2)
- RT @Mike_Stelzner: How to use Pinterest's bold new look http://t.co/yBYCzd97IQ via @jeffbullas @EpreneurTV 09:03:16 PM June 11, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @privateschprep @Atomic_Reach @zacharyjeans @jameshicks @RobSchnapp @HollyChessman @bigmahi Sorry to miss it - next week! 02:47:13 AM June 11, 2013 from web in reply to privateschprep ReplyRetweetFavorite
- WWDC live stream in 15 minutes! What will Apple release? http://t.co/BZg6OUQc7n 04:47:38 PM June 10, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Who's watching Game of Thrones tonight? WOOT! http://t.co/YNrU6ykwPx 12:36:31 AM June 10, 2013 from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @mktgupdate Thanks for the RT - hope you're having a great weekend! 06:24:46 PM June 08, 2013 from web in reply to mktgupdate ReplyRetweetFavorite